The Vicars of St. John's are listed below. More information about them can be found on page 2 of this chapter

1st Vicar - 1844 to 1863 - Rev. H. H. Evans

2nd Vicar - 1863 to 1870 - Rev. W. H. Vernon

3rd Vicar - 1870 to 1874 - Rev. H. Waller

4th Vicar - 1874 to 1905 - Rev. W. J. Bettison

5th Vicar - 1906 to 1939 - Canon W. T. Brown

6th Vicar - 1940 to 1960 - Canon J. A. Stanley

7th Vicar - 1961 to 1970 - Canon E. De'Lande Jones

8th Vicar - 1970 to 1984 - Rev. C. T. Edmondson

9th Vicar - 1985 to 1988 - Rev. R. Field

10th Vicar - 2000 to 2013 - Rev. R. J. Draper

11th Vicar - 2014 to present - Rev. D. Britton

St John the Baptist

Leytonstone

Serving God and the Community of Leytonstone for 180 years

OFFICIATING CLERGY AT ST. JOHN'S

From the time the church was built, until St. John's became a parish church in its own right, a number of Clergy from Leyton officiated at Leytonstone. According to W.G. Hammock, Churchwarden from 1896 to 1902, in his book "Leytonstone and its History", these include:

Rev. E. C. Birch

Rev. William Pitt Wigram

Rev. C. J. Laprimaudaye, nephew of the Vicar of Leyton

Rev. Simpson

Rev. Dickens

Rev. N. B. Herring

Rev. John Pardoe, a descendant of the Patron of Leyton